Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

As we start this futuristic sounding year of 2010, I can't help but think that while we are moving foward at top speed with new technology and progress, we are also embracing the old fashioned, simple and smart ways of living. I feel proud to be a part of this movement with Furochic. Returning to the use of durable and reusable fabric versus disposable paper and plastic is exciting. Plus if you are a fabric junkie like me, it gives us an excuse to use fabric in our everyday lives.

I recently watched the movie Julie & Julia and loved it. Before seeing the movie I had put myself to a similar test of blogging everyday on 365 ways to use a square piece of fabric. Although I still entertain the idea, and admire Julie's determination and dedication, I have not been able to commit quite yet. I do hope though as the new year begins to offer a place for you to come and marvel at how versatile these square furoshiki cloths can be. As I teach more workshops on wrapping with fabric, I love to see what other people come up with that I had never thought of. If you are one of these inventive people, take a quick snapshot of your beautiful package as I will be starting monthly giveaways to those with the best ideas (more details to come at www.furochic.com).

I would like to send you a new years wish for joy and peace. May you find yourselves sharing laughter with friends and family, allowing your dreams to come true, believing in magic, reading a book, treating yourself in a spontaneous moment and counting your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment